Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm turning vegetarian, I'm turning vegetarian..I really think so!

Ok, ok...the song was playing in my head!

As of June 2009 I became a vegetarian or maybe I should just say a plant based eater. I'm not a "real" vegetarian because I do eat wild fish and enjoy dairy. Sorry, but I like my 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. So trying to define myself I fall under lacto-ovo vegetarian (dairy and eggs) and under pescetarian (fish, but no meat). It's truly confusing because even if you say you're a vegetarian, you get the same questions, "do you eat chicken?" "do you have dairy/cheese?" "seafood?" "how can you go without eating meat?". This is my journey to define my title and learn along the way. I want to share my hits and misses and hopefully my message will reach my friends and family, one member at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Following Susan's lead for the past 2 weeks after a scare with extremley high blood pressure. Cutting out my "convenience eating habit" while running the kiddos around had to be put to a halt! Adding more veggies and fruits is still a learing process for me daily, but find it to be a great challenge to creative cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Great Books To Read

  • Eating Animals
  • Food Matters
  • Omnivore's Dilemma
  • Sneaky Chef
  • The China Study

What I Enjoy Watching

  • Current Channel (Vanguard)
  • Food Inc. Movie
  • Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

My Medicine Cabinet

  • Calcium and Magnesium
  • Echinacea with Golden Seal
  • Fish Oil
  • Multivitamin
  • Oregano Oil (respiratory & sinus)
  • Oscillococcinum (flu)
  • Vitamin C