Monday, March 29, 2010

My Family In A Nut Shell

Wow - this is what I have to work with:

break sugar habits - processed cookies/snacks/salty items
late night snacking (hubby)
picky eater aka disguising the veggies and fruit(daughter)
college student (son)
weight matters (me)

I like the Sneaky Chef book. It's geared towards making the meals that kids like, but incorporating fruits and veggies through purees. They're color coded purees like orange (carrots and sweet potato) or purple (spinach and blueberries). I've made these in advance and put them in a ice try. I've made the spaghetti sauce with the orange and it worked. My daughter had no idea and she loved the spaghetti. Add some whole wheat pasta and she got more fiber and vitamins without knowing.

For my own goal, I'm making sure I have a salad a day. Keeping my goals simple, but it seems to work. Since I want to keep up with my salad a day goal, it helps keep me in check.

College student and late night snacking is a working progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Books To Read

  • Eating Animals
  • Food Matters
  • Omnivore's Dilemma
  • Sneaky Chef
  • The China Study

What I Enjoy Watching

  • Current Channel (Vanguard)
  • Food Inc. Movie
  • Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

My Medicine Cabinet

  • Calcium and Magnesium
  • Echinacea with Golden Seal
  • Fish Oil
  • Multivitamin
  • Oregano Oil (respiratory & sinus)
  • Oscillococcinum (flu)
  • Vitamin C