Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

This is my sister eggplant parmesan recipe. It's a hit and I want to share.

Trader Joe’s pasta sauce (green can) and added garlic. 2 green cans with one TJ marinara (chopped tomatoes/basil).

TJ’s Quattro cheese package. (Asiago, parmesan…???).

Slice the eggplant thin. Bread with egg wash and Italian bread crumbs. Fry each slice in olive oil (I mix olive and canola) Layer with eggplant, sauce, cheese, then repeat. Baked at 325 for about 20-30 minutes. For a short cut, you can add frozen breaded eggplant from TJ.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just wanted to let you know about this recipe contest Zov's is doing with eggplants. Since you're in the OC area I thought it'd be perfect for you and for your readers!

    check out our wordpress: http://frankgroffinc.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/zov%E2%80%99s-bistro-launches-eggplant-recipe-contest/

    ReplyDelete

Great Books To Read

  • Eating Animals
  • Food Matters
  • Omnivore's Dilemma
  • Sneaky Chef
  • The China Study

What I Enjoy Watching

  • Current Channel (Vanguard)
  • Food Inc. Movie
  • Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

My Medicine Cabinet

  • Calcium and Magnesium
  • Echinacea with Golden Seal
  • Fish Oil
  • Multivitamin
  • Oregano Oil (respiratory & sinus)
  • Oscillococcinum (flu)
  • Vitamin C